The role of the school nurse in promoting vaccines was showcased throughout the conference (see below). Informational materials can still be access from the NASN website for those of you who were registered. There are two options to download NASN 2010 conference session abstracts and handouts, if supplied by the speaker.
1. Download one .zip file. Go to this link:
http://nasn.omnibooksonline.com/2010/data/papers/papers.zip where you should see one file folder called ‘papers’ and it contains all of the session handouts. Save that folder to your computer.
2. Download individually from the Conference Community site after activating your Community site account. Go to the schedule on the community site, click on the session title you want to open the session details, and look to see if there is a PDF document under the “Materials” heading.
If you did not attend this year, consider next year (June 29-July 3, 2011 in Washington DC)!
CONFERENCE BREAKOUT SESSIONS:
- Dr. Melinda Wharton, Captain, US Public Health Service & Deputy Director of the CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases presented an update on pre-teen vaccines.
- “Immunization Review: Do You Know the Immunizations Kids Need to Stay Healthy?” presented by B. DuRant & C. Raisher
- “ Teachable Moments: The School Nurse’s Critical Role When Parents Opt Out of Vaccinating Their Children” presented by Dan Salmon, PhD, MPH
- Equipping the School Nurse to be an Immunization Champion
- An Evidence-based Toolkit for HPV Vaccination of Female Adolescents in the School Setting
- School Based H1N1 Vaccination: A Successful Partnership
- Evaluation of an Intervention to Improve Tracking and Reporting of the H1N1 Virus
INDUSTRY SPONSORED SESSIONS:
- Raise Your Voice for Meningococcal Meningitis Prevention informational session (sanofi Pasteur)
- Flunk the Flu! Becoming a Champion for School-Located Vaccination Programs (MedImmune)